Sunday 1 January 2017

FAQ about yoga

1. I'm not flexible can I still practise yoga?

- Absolutely yes you can practise yoga, yoga is not about being flexible or too strong. Yoga is a lifestyle and there are different types of it. I'm sure you'll find a suitable style for yourself, just give it a try.

Also I teach modification for each asana (posture) so you can stick with any modification you like to start with.
Yoga is for everyone, also can be modified for each body types and personal needs/limitations.

2. What is yoga?

- Yoga means "unity". Our focus with these practices is to unite our body, mind and breath.
Yoga is a kind of lifestye, it's about taking care of your own body and mind.

3. What shall I wear for practising yoga?

- Soft and comfortable clothing would be just fine, preferably the ones made of cotton.
I don't recommend anything too baggy as it can prevent you move freely.


4. Can I keep my socks on during the practise.

- If you keep your socks on you might find difficult to be grounded or to find the balance in practice therefore it's always good to take the socks off.
You can then put them on during relaxation.

5. Do I need a special equipment?

- The main equipment that we use is a mat. So if you have your own mat, pls bring it as I've got only couple of extra.

You may also need block and strap which will be provided by me.

People also love to cover themselves with a blanket in relaxation, so you can bring your own blanket/throw even a beach towel...


6. Can I eat before class?

- Allow at least 2 hrs between having a light meal and yoga class, and at least 4 hrs if it's a heavy meal.

You can eat as normal after class.

7. I'm a religious person but not a Buddhist or Hindu...

Yoga is not a religion, it's a lifestyle, being healthy and about taking care of your own body. 
Yes, it is possible to find similar things between yoga and these religions but yoga doesn't dictate any of these (or other) religions. 



No comments:

Post a Comment